Data privacy statement and consent to use data
This data privacy statement gives you information of what data we collect of you and where it is used. This data privacy statement must be accepted in order to use the tikean.com website.
1. Data controller
Tikean Oy (Business ID: 2831191-9)
Finland - EU
Telephone: +358 40 5339757
2. Purpose of processing personal data / intended use of register
The purpose of the processing of personal data is Tikean’s business; development of the business; the managing, developing and analysis of a relationship based on a customer relationship and substantive connection; opinion and market research and direct marketing (email or otherwise).
The customer register of Tikean may be used and disclosed for direct marketing purposes if you have permitted it. Otherwise we disclose personal data only if the law allows it, for example for the purpose of carrying out an order or agreement, or for marketing purposes.
If you wish to verify, correct, block or remove your own personal data, please contact: email@example.com
Tikean Oy is the data controller under the EU data protection regulation.
3. Processing and disclosure of data
Tikean discloses personal data regularly to the following entities (processors of personal data), which also store them in the following IT systems:
- Hubspot: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy Hubspot is a platform for collecting and storing your contact information to ensure our service for you.
- Microsoft 365: https://privacy.microsoft.com/ We use Microsoft 365 platform to store and process data, and to internal and external communications.
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ We use Mailchimp to send you the newsletters you order and to communicate issues related to an order and the customer relationship. We also use it to collect customer information from exhibitions.
- Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy This cloud storage service may also be used for storing, tracking and analyzing relevant processed data for managing the company operations.
If you wish to check the data stored for the provider, please contact the relevant entity.
If you have provided us data by filling out a paper form, the data are transferred from the forms behind a firewall and passwords. The paper forms are disposed of in a secure manner.
The transfer of data between systems takes place in encrypted form.
A cookie is data which a web server stores on the device you use. Cookie files that are to be used on an internet site are used in a manner that does not violate the user’s privacy.
Based on cookies, we receive information on, for instance, what pages of the online store customers have visited, what pages they have viewed, etc. Cookie information is processed anonymously. For example, we see how many customers have visited a particular site but we do not see which individual customer it is.
advertisements are not shown continuously to the same user.
In cookie identification, cookie identification data are not combined with the user’s personal or contact data. Cookies do not make it possible to view or copy personal or contact data that is on the storage device of the user’s terminal device, such as a hard drive.
If desired, it is possible to forbid the receiving of cookies from an internet browser, but it may make the page not work and is not recommended. By blocking cookies, the user will still receive advertisements, but they are not selected based on one’s own browser usage.
Blocking cookies that remember selections of the browser forces the user to configure the browser settings and to re-specify every time usernames and passwords that are to be entered.
5. Advertising that is targeted on the basis of cookies of outside entities
The following entities collect cookie data information on our website and use it to target
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304,
You can manage Facebook’s advertisement settings here
- AdWords: You can manage Google’s advertisement settings here
- Instagram. Their privacy policies can be found here
- LinkedIn. Their privacy policies can be found here
The following entities collect cookie information on our website and use it to develop the website:
- Google Analytics. Read more about Google’s privacy policies here
6. Regular sources of data
Personal data are generally collected from the actual data subject. Additionally, they can be collected from Valona’s information systems, when a person registers for services and uses the services, and from social media related to the functions of the data controller.
Personal data may be collected, saved and updated from the registers of a data controller who provides address, updating and other comparable service.
7. Data content of register
Customer information, such as
- contact information
- native language
Information related to customer relationship, such as
- information about previous orders
- consent for direct marketing sent by email, text message and other automatic systems, direct marketing prohibition codes, and information about how an address was obtained
- customer feedback information
- other data collected with the consent of the consumer.
8. Regular disclosures of data and transfer of data outside of the EU and European Economic Area
Tikean Oy does not disclose data outside of the EU or European Economic Area. The third-party entities referred to in Sections 3 and 8 may transfer data but they comply with regulations required by the EU. More information about the data protection of said entities is located next to each entity.
9. Principles of registry protection The customer register may be used only by persons employed by the data controller and other specified people who need the data in their duties. They use user names and passwords. The data is protected technically by means of firewalls.
Customer data is not processed in printed out format.